The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Events and New Releases (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=21)
-   -   A brilliant new album from our own Michael Watts (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=451519)

jt1 12-02-2016 03:44 PM

A brilliant new album from our own Michael Watts

Hello, all.

Our own Michael Watts just released a brilliant collection of solo acoustic guitar (plus one, gorgeous, fingerpicked ukulele cut) tunes.

https://scontent.fbed1-2.fna.fbcdn.n...e4&oe=58F6DFAF

Downloadable, in MP3 and WAV formats here.

Disclosure: I've had the privilege of a preview of the songs and the honor of writing the liner notes to the forthcoming vinyl version.

murrmac123 12-02-2016 04:03 PM

You really need to sign up as an AGF sponsor, John ...

jt1 12-02-2016 04:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by murrmac123 (Post 5145599)
You really need to sign up as an AGF sponsor, John ...

Hmm. Not sure I understand the implications of this. I've no economic interest in Michael's project. Still, I urge folks to buy it! :)

I get a lot of requests to write liner notes. I accept only for artists I admire and respect. I never accept payment, though I never turn down a free CD! I've written a lot of liner notes for the folks at Berklee, who, in addition to being brilliant musicians, are also dedicated educators.

Anyway, ignore my recommendation if you wish. But, please give a listen to Michael's work. I suspect and predict that you'll be as impressed as I.

jaymarsch 12-02-2016 04:40 PM

I have had the pleasure of hearing Michael play live a number of times over the years, so I am happy to hear of this and will be checking it out. Thanks for the heads up and the info on getting the downloads.

Best,
Jayne

BrunoBlack 12-02-2016 04:42 PM

The sound clips sound great. Download to come. Very nice Michael.

djg 12-02-2016 05:00 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt1 (Post 5145601)
Hmm. Not sure I understand the implications of this. I've no economic interest in Michael's project. Still, I urge folks to buy it! :)

I get a lot of requests to write liner notes. I accept only for artists I admire and respect. I never accept payment, though I never turn down a free CD! I've written a lot of liner notes for the folks at Berklee, who, in addition to being brilliant musicians, are also dedicated educators.

Anyway, ignore my recommendation if you wish. But, please give a listen to Michael's work. I suspect and predict that you'll be as impressed as I.

Mods might correct me if I'm wrong, but the last time I checked it was ok for people to recommend albums -- you know, actual guitar music and not just guitars.

Maybe he's joking or . . . dunno, but carry on. It's all good as far as I'm concerned.

murrmac123 12-02-2016 05:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jt1 (Post 5145601)

John, I am a huge admirer of your achievements, ( and a purchaser of your Kalamazoo Gals ) ... you are most definitely one of the good guys.

However, when you post on the AGF and use your signature to provide clickable links to sites which generate revenue, then etiquette demands that you should be a sponsor. Nothing to do with your recommendation of Michael's CD.

In the past I have contacted JR a couple of times about people who were (albeit unwittingly) abusing the free publicity afforded by the AGF forum, and I have also contacted a couple of people direct by PM . In all cases the posters concerned did in fact become sponsors.

IMO the annual sponsor subscription rate is a mere pittance compared to the benefits received, and anybody who posts as a business is bound in all conscience to become a sponsor.

Glennwillow 12-02-2016 06:27 PM

I just listened to the samples. Sounds wonderful! Good for Michael! I have always loved hearing him play; now I will get to do it in bigger doses!

- Glenn

Glennwillow 12-02-2016 09:00 PM

And I have just downloaded Michael's album! I listened through 3 times. It sounds inspiring and hauntingly beautiful in so many places. I'm pretty sure I am hearing a Jason Kostal Modified Dreadnought in the recordings, and it sounds magnificent!

- Glenn