The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Open Mic (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=12)
-   -   NFL Playoffs - Conference Championships (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=497020)

Dru Edwards 01-19-2018 03:59 PM

NFL Playoffs - Conference Championships

NFL Playoffs - Conference Championships
Jaguars at Patriots
Vikings at Eagles

What story lines are you following this week?

jpd 01-19-2018 04:53 PM

And now this...

Oh, Oh! There's talk about Brady being *slightly banged-up*:eek:

Here's my Nostradamus Quatrain fact checked prediction...

Pats/Jags---Brady goes down in the 3rd Qt and does not return. Jags win 27-24

Vikes/Eagles---Eagles thrash Vikes on real turf 38-17

Eagles/Jaguars.....now there's an off the wall Super-Bowl for ya:p

gjd100 01-19-2018 05:12 PM

..... In Bill I trust.....

Dru Edwards 01-19-2018 06:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpd (Post 5608382)
Oh, Oh! There's talk about Brady being *slightly banged-up*:eek:

Here's my Nostradamus Quatrain fact checked prediction...

Pats/Jags---Brady goes down in the 3rd Qt and does not return. Jags win 27-24

Vikes/Eagles---Eagles thrash Vikes on real turf 38-17

Hey JPD, do you really believe that Brady will be pulled during Sunday's game? I have no idea how bad (or good) his hand is but I bet the Patriots are practicing some running plays and fakes. Perhaps a quick, behind the line pass to a receiver who will then pass it to Gronk. Remember when Julian Edelman threw a TD pass?

Tahitijack 01-19-2018 06:46 PM

Patriots The Brady hand is not as injured as we think
Vikings When all seems lost, Vikings put up a play for the ages.

jpd 01-19-2018 07:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dru Edwards (Post 5608507)
Hey JPD, do you really believe that Brady will be pulled during Sunday's game?

No...I think he's going to get plowed into the turf. Concussion protocol:cry:

M19 01-19-2018 08:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpd (Post 5608382)

I won't even watch that. I'd rather floss my teeth for 4 hours.

jpd 01-19-2018 08:21 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M19 (Post 5608597)

:lol:...hilarious...:lol:

Dru Edwards 01-19-2018 09:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by M19 (Post 5608597)

Marty, if against all odds that ends up to be the Super Bowl matchup I'll send you a ream of floss to last the whole 4 hours :).

TBman 01-19-2018 10:13 PM

I haven't cheered for a Patriots team since January 26, 1986. That didn't work out too well though, lol.

Go Jags.

Eagles vs Vikings? Going to be a great game.

AX17609 01-20-2018 10:27 AM

I think that if the same Jacksonville team shows up this week as showed up last week to beat the Steelers, the Patriots will have their hands full...even with a healthy Tom Brady. The only issue is whether the Jaguars will be able to score some points. This could be one of those 17-13 games.

noledog 01-20-2018 10:29 AM

Not too many folks givin' my Jags hope against the Brady-Belichick machine and I admit it's a bit of a long shot. But I hope for my town we win because the folks here could use a shot of cheer after being slammed by Irma.
This is a wonderful town, great stadium, beautiful area to live and a music meca for sure. Even tho I'm a college guy mostly and a Dolphin convert to Jaguar coming from S. Fl., I still would like the Jags to pull the upset.
I understand the Patriots dominance because my wife is Roll Tide so this Nole has to live with a die hard fan of the Nick Saban machine. :sick:

I'd like to see a Vikings vs Jags S-bowl cuz I'm booked to perform at a Superbowl Event and if the Jags are in, those tips go up! ;) :wild: :up:

So go buy some floss Marty :rolleyes: :p :lol: ...nole

Dru Edwards 01-20-2018 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TBman (Post 5608684)
I haven't cheered for a Patriots team since January 26, 1986. That didn't work out too well though, lol.

Go Jags.

Eagles vs Vikings? Going to be a great game.

That was the first Super Bowl I watched. 46-10.

Quote:

Originally Posted by noledog (Post 5609031)
Not too many folks givin' my Jags hope against the Brady-Belichick machine and I admit it's a bit of a long shot. But I hope for my town we win because the folks here could use a shot of cheer after being slammed by Irma.
This is a wonderful town, great stadium, beautiful area to live and a music meca for sure. Even tho I'm a college guy mostly and a Dolphin convert to Jaguar coming from S. Fl., I still would like the Jags to pull the upset.
I understand the Patriots dominance because my wife is Roll Tide so this Nole has to live with a die hard fan of the Nick Saban machine. :sick:

I'd like to see a Vikings vs Jags S-bowl cuz I'm booked to perform at a Superbowl Event and if the Jags are in, those tips go up! ;) :wild: :up:

So go buy some floss Marty :rolleyes: :p :lol: ...nole

Hey Noledog, it the words of Boomer (Chris Berman), "that's why we play the game". I've heard him echo those words after an upset happens.

My view is that anything can happen on any given Sunday.

Shoreline Music 01-20-2018 12:06 PM

Brady officially listed as questionable. Looks like this will be the playoffs of the backup QB. Should be interesting.

gjd100 01-20-2018 12:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shoreline Music (Post 5609145)
Brady officially listed as questionable. Looks like this will be the playoffs of the backup QB. Should be interesting.

Brady has been on some injury list for most of his career. Belicheck game plan.... Keep em' guessing. That said, if Hoyer is the QB, I'll be watching Bravo ;)

Bet the Pats wish they still had Jimmy G...... what a dumb move trading him 1/2 way through the season. His value would not have been any less after the season ends.