The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   **Hand Made Music - Acoustic Guitar Compilation CD** (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188112)

J.R. Rogers 06-28-2010 11:25 PM

**Hand Made Music - Acoustic Guitar Compilation CD**

** Now Available! **
Hand Made Music
- The definitive handbuilt acoustic guitar CD -
Over a year ago, producer Steve Reinthal began working on building a very special compilation disc for the Acoustic Guitar Forum. Steve asked several of our luthier sponsors to select a guitar that they felt represented some of their best work, and to pair it with a player most suited to bring forth the true spirit of their instrument. The resulting CD is a treasury of great acoustic music, played on some of the finest examples of contemporary acoustic guitars from: Woolson, Kwasnycia, Kragenbrink, Paragon, Covey, Mustapick, McKnight, Aaron Andrews, Michael Palm, Baden, Hodges, Santa Cruz, Sharp, and Solomon.

http://www.acousticgallery.com/uploa...s/hmmcover.jpg

Produced by Steve Reinthal

Track Listing:
1. Three Steps to Joy - Derek Coombs (Guitar: Woolson LG)
2. Lillooet - Tom Lockwood (Guitar: Kwasnycia Jumbo)
3. Shenandoah / Danny Boy - John Creech (Kragenbrink D-14)
4. The Great Migration - Edward Hamlin (Paragon MJ)
5. Squirrel Run - Bill Pilmore (Covey Quinto)
6. Ms Diana - Don Alder (Mustapick Baritone)
7. Autumnal Equinox - James Filkins (McKnight Highlander)
8. Snow Day - J.R. Rogers & Steve Reinthal (Aaron Andrews Eclipse-F & Michael Palm Fingerstyle GA)
9. Spain - Marcus Eaton (Baden A-style)
10. I Am - Don Fransko (Hodges Dreadnaught)
11. Prelude - Chris Rupert (Kwasnycia Classical)
12. Somebody Else - Matt Sarad (Santa Cruz Dreadnaught)
13. Women and Roses - James Filkins (McKnight Highlander)
14. If I Could - Tom Lockwood (Kwasnycia Jumbo)
15. Wildwood Flower - Doug Young (Sharp Custom Art Deco SJ)
16. Gamelan Meadow - Steve Reinthal (Michael Palm Fingerstyle GA)
17. Going Somewhere - Mike Moss (Erich Solomon Grand American Archtop)

** Sold-Out **

J.R. Rogers
Executive Producer

J.R. Rogers 06-28-2010 11:28 PM

A big 'THANK YOU' to Steve Reinthal for his tireless work putting this CD together, and also to Teone Reinthal for the original artwork. And to all the artists and builders who participated, this CD is dedicated to you and to the art that you're creating in 2010. Thank you for being a part of this recording and for sharing your music with the world.

J.R. Rogers
Executive Producer

hann 06-29-2010 01:22 AM

when's AGF 4 out? *rubs* hands.. i'll grab all at a shot!

M19 06-29-2010 09:51 AM

Donation in. Can't wait! For AGF-4 too.

Thanks J.R.

Two day later: Got it.

Performances are STELLAR! Congratulations and thanks to all the artists, those working the wood and pulling the strings.

Wow.

sharp_custom 06-29-2010 07:24 PM

Thank you to all those involved in making this CD happen. Your efforts and talents really shine with this and all AGF CDs. Thank you. :)

sharp_custom 06-30-2010 04:44 AM

Doug Young has posted a wonderful video of his contribution to the CD. It's really wonderful and worth checking out. Thanks again to all the talented people involved with this project. I hope my copy arrives soon. :)

kscobie8 06-30-2010 06:49 PM

Waiting by the mailbox...

Bel isi,
-kyle

Gutch 07-01-2010 08:52 AM

Mine arrived the other day and I'm finally having a chance to listen to it. I will say that, without a doubt, this is the most interesting, the most intriguing release that you have made. Oustanding music, outstanding recordings. Bravo!

Well deserved kudos to Steve Reinthal, JR Rogers and all the artists and artisans that participated in this project. Simply beautiful.

Rollie 07-01-2010 03:40 PM

I just made a donation ... looking forward to hearing this one ...

Humbuster 07-01-2010 04:31 PM

Received my copy this afternoon.

Absolutely beautiful !

Thank you so much.

gitnoob 07-01-2010 06:14 PM

Listening to it now -- very nice, and great production. Love the new pick too. :)

bluesbassdad 07-01-2010 09:33 PM

Thank You!

Extraordinary!

colins 07-01-2010 11:14 PM

I only found AGF a few months ago. If this is CD 3 are there copies of CD 1 & 2 still available?

Col

stratokatsu 07-02-2010 06:02 AM

Donated, waiting and GETTING VERY IMPATIENT... I mean, it's been all of 4 minutes by now. :D

DB Cooper 07-02-2010 09:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by colins (Post 2273700)
I only found AGF a few months ago. If this is CD 3 are there copies of CD 1 & 2 still available?

Col

Actually this is the fourth CD produced by JR and the folks of Acoustic Guitar Forum.

AGF1 came out a couple years ago...I missed AGF2 & AGF3 - although there are still copies available and I'm getting them along with this disc, HMM.

AGF4 is due out late this month, I believe.