The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   **Hand Made Music - Acoustic Guitar Compilation CD** (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=188112)

coldbrew 10-10-2010 11:11 PM

This thing sat on my desk for many weeks and I finally unwrapped it, having waited for a few leisure moments. I made a donation and didn't realize (or simply forgot) that this was to be sent to me, but when it arrived, I suspected that it would be extraordinary. As I type, I'm still listening for the first time (cheap Philips portable and Grado SR 80s).

Good God, people! This is fantastic. I've never heard anything from Windham Hill that sounded better than this. What a wonderful treat that brings the forum to life. I had a guitar teacher years ago named David Wright, out of Orange County, CA, that recorded a fingerstyle CD called "Americana". I loved it, but it ended up with an ex, and it was easier to let it go than to try to reclaim it. I think I will come to love this one just as much.

A question I didn't see answered... can I donate again to "purchase" a few more of these to have on hand as gifts for some close friends?

guitarman57 10-11-2010 10:25 AM

last night's show

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steev (Post 2365230)
Hi Noah,

Caught your show this morning (my time) and really enjoyed the mix.
And thanks for spinning our tracks. Great to hear them being beamed around the planet!

Steve

thanks for listening steve. I played pilmore and young last night. I don't think I've ever heard Wildwood Flower f.p.ed before. sweeet!
more to come, nz

J.R. Rogers 10-11-2010 10:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by coldbrew (Post 2372331)
Good God, people! This is fantastic. I've never heard anything from Windham Hill that sounded better than this. What a wonderful treat that brings the forum to life...

A question I didn't see answered... can I donate again to "purchase" a few more of these to have on hand as gifts for some close friends?

:) Thank you for the kind comments! :) Yes, I'd be glad to send you as many copies as you'd like. Just use the donate button at the top of this thread, make the appropriate donation (at least $5 per CD), and be sure to put in the comments the number of CD's that you'd like.

J.R. Rogers
Producer

jdazey 10-14-2010 12:35 PM

Me Too

I'd like HMM, and if some extra on the renewal qualifies, I'd like AGF4 as well. Many thanks for putting all this together.
Joe

michaeljohnr 10-17-2010 06:13 PM

I made a donation and this came in the mail. Quite unexpected, and I am enjoying it.

Thanks to those who put this together.

:)

Frasier1 10-19-2010 04:31 PM

I too just made a donation and didn't realize I would get the CD, but what a nice surprise!

What an awesome compilation of talented players and wonderful sounding instruments. Definitely gives me the inspiration to advance my playing, but more than that - it is just relaxing to listen to.

Thank You all involved!

Dale

Work & Worry 11-11-2010 10:33 AM

Hey all -

Just wanted to comment that the link to the Work & Worry review of Hand Made Music has changed.

This is the new link : http://workandworry.com/?p=1808

Redesigned site!

Paul Ng 11-14-2010 08:20 PM

Hi,
Received your cd last week here in Malaysia. Thanks for all your efforts.

Paul

drvmusic 11-20-2010 12:04 PM

WOW! I've been out of the loop for a while (this site is blocked at work now) and there's some great stuff here! Donation sent :)

kendallhadden 12-14-2010 12:39 PM

Just renewed to get the CD and support this awesome forum!!

hrvat2 12-22-2010 08:03 PM

Received mine last week...awesome!

I especially love track 8, "Snow Day". Any chance there might be a tab floating around at some remote corner of the "WWW"???

tbeltrans 12-23-2010 06:03 AM

This is a FANTASTIC CD!!!! I received it recently as a "thank you" for becoming a charter member. It is very inspirational, and at the same time, daunting because of the consistently high (read: professional) level of both the recording of each track and the playing. One of the best acoustic CDs to come along in some time.

Tony

cstamper 12-23-2010 06:21 AM

Donation sent. Thanks J.R.! :up:

mcoliver77 12-13-2011 12:08 AM

Accidentally stumbled into this thread via a wrong 'click' (calluses and touch screens don't mix!) And I'm really glad I did!

Anyway, I know the first post says 'Sold out' but I still want to ask. Any chance of getting the cd via a buy/donate link somewhere?

Thanks.

Bill Pillmore 12-13-2011 11:36 AM

Cd

I still have a couple. I would be glad to send you one. Never shipped to Singapore.