The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   General Acoustic Guitar Discussion (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=24)
-   -   Guitar Chair (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=13616)

Cliff_S 12-09-2002 09:34 AM

Guitar Chair

Does anyone know of a chair or stool that is designed specifically for guitar playing? I would like to hear recommendations from people who are actually using one.

Thanks!

Simplyhere 12-09-2002 09:44 AM

One word: Soundseat. See them at www.soundseat.com

Lots of these folks have one, and you'll be hard pressed to find a soul that doesn't love it. I had wondered what the "big deal" was, but finally got to try several out at the MonroeStock event. Bought one on the spot, and use mine everyday.

It's wonderful, and J.R. Baker is the real deal. Give them a call and talk about it. Good luck.

PS: Come to think of it, they're on sale this month, too.

Bill Nichols (CaptBill) 12-09-2002 09:46 AM

Here is the best in the business....
www.soundseat.com

If you do a search on the forum you will find many RAVE reviews.

cotten 12-09-2002 09:46 AM

Oh, yes! Many TGF members are in love with J. R. Baker's Sound Seat. J. R.'s a member here. We let him hang out with us musicians even if he's a drummer. ;)

Here's a thread of testimonials from a while back:
http://www.taylorguitarforum.com/for...threadid=12014

Contact J. R. about his Sound Seat at [email protected].

cotten

JohnZ 12-09-2002 09:52 AM

Played a double last Saturday where I had to have two set ups which meant using my old architect chair at site 1 and the soundseat at site 2. It was nice to get to site 2 and the soundseat.

Cliff_S 12-09-2002 11:51 AM

Thanks to all! I'll give SoundSeat a look!

Chip 12-09-2002 01:13 PM

PICK-N-GLIDER ....nice!!!

Yoda 12-09-2002 01:43 PM

I have a Pick-N-Glider as well, but find it sits me too straight up. Just not comfortable for me. I have an old swap meet rocker called a 'sewing rocker' that's better, just a plain old rocking chair with no arms. I like it better...

But nobody's touching my Soundseat!

Yoda:p

SoundSeat 12-09-2002 07:12 PM

Question???

Where do I send the commission checks to you guys...OH!!... I forgot, I'm a drummer. I'd rather owe it to you than cheat you out of it! Never mind.

:roll: :roll: :roll:

I would love to talk chairs with you Cliff. Just e-mail your phone number to me.

Thanks,

Deidelberg 12-09-2002 11:10 PM

Yes, Soundseat is the answer. I tried some of the competition at NAMM and frankly, they were no competition. Get the break down model for easy transport to gigs. Worth every penny and I'm a cheap ***.

>>Where do I send the commission checks to you guys...OH!!... I forgot, I'm a drummer. I'd rather owe it to you than cheat you out of it! Never mind.<<

You send the commission checks right here buddy! Don't forget the person who hooked you up!!!! LOL....

SoundSeat 12-10-2002 07:05 AM

Just like a consultant, David...

You borrow MY watch, then make me pay you for the time. If this ends up in court, do you know a good lawyer? Hold it! That's kind of an oxymoron, isn't it? If you choose to answer though, make sure you are not looking in the mirror.

:ha: :eek: :ha:

SoundSeat 12-10-2002 07:09 AM

David, BTW...

would you agree to represent me in my lawsuit against J. R. Rogers. I want to make him remove the hair from the ''EEK'' icon so it looks more like me.

:eek: :eek: :eek:

stevemc 12-10-2002 07:12 AM

Cliff, I also have a SoundSeat. Mine has casters so it doubles as a desk chair at the computer. I just roll it back and forth across the room. I can't recommend it highly enough. Very, very comfortable!! :)

J.R., get off here and get back to building chairs!! You don't have time to play around! Orders are coming! :roll:

JW 12-10-2002 08:41 AM

Has anyone mentioned the Soundseat???:roll: :roll: We have two of them and love them!!! JR Baker is a super guy, you wont do better in a seat or the guy who builds it. Thats a fact! JW

mtnbrz 12-10-2002 10:04 AM

Love my Soundseat . . . it is a superb piece of craftsmanship, er, craftdrummership, oh wait, that's an oxymoron. How a drummer with no hair manages to build these outrageously comfortable seats is beyond me. :rolleyes:

Ring up J.R. and get him to build one for you. I kid you not, this thing is the cat's meow, the icing on the cake, the P in potato, the creme de la creme.