The Acoustic Guitar Forum

The Acoustic Guitar Forum (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/index.php)
-   Carbon Fiber (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=48)
-   -   Another Emerald incoming... (https://www.acousticguitarforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=458614)

Long Jon 02-10-2017 03:57 PM

Oooh oooh oooh oooh oooh !!

Long Jon 02-10-2017 04:00 PM

Hahha wait ! I found a better one for ya Jim ! :D

Captain Jim 02-10-2017 05:22 PM

Winning! (not to be confused with: whining) :D

TheChicagoTodd 02-10-2017 06:22 PM

As my good friend Tom Petty once told me: "The waiting is the hardest part"... 😆

Sent from my SM-G928V using Tapatalk

Guest 928 02-10-2017 07:18 PM

I don't know why, but this keeps rolling through my brain: "rust never sleeps." Or, "don't be denied." In any event, the wait, the rust, that's a part of it all. I really look forward to your reportage.

Captain Jim 02-10-2017 09:10 PM

Evan, are you comparing me with rust? It has come up that I may be older than dirt... but, rust?? ;) I am excited that it is on the way. We'll see what ANPost, Customs, and the US Postal System have in store.

:)

Captain Jim 02-10-2017 10:56 PM

Absolutely nothing to do with the incoming Emerald, but another example of patience: tonight was supposed to be a triple treat with the February Snow Moon (full moon), a lunar eclipse, and a comet. Cloud cover prevented viewing the eclipse and comet, but checking regularly, I got this peek-a-boo viewing of the full moon...

https://2.bp.blogspot.com/-yYciFv3Ok...s400/Moon2.jpg

https://4.bp.blogspot.com/-OBGYU3bUo...s400/Moon6.jpg

https://1.bp.blogspot.com/-4GLNliNZy...s400/Moon4.jpg

See? Patience. ;)

Guest 928 02-11-2017 10:20 AM

Captain;

Yes, "rust" might be a bit harsh. How about oxidized? Doesn't have quite the same ring; "oxidization never sleeps" is sort of bulky. Actually, the rust never sleeps was not a good analogy. Forget I said it.

And thank you for the moon shot. You've got a good eye and have brought a lot of really neat visuals to the forum.

Captain Jim 02-12-2017 12:03 PM

Sean sent me this photo, keeping me in the loop...

http://i1189.photobucket.com/albums/...ps8hzzwmrc.jpg

That is Shane from Emerald, getting a shipment out.

Showing more restraint than usual, I have only checked ANPost tracking twice since Friday. ;)

cz1 02-12-2017 12:46 PM

Capt'n ...

My X20 is on the same boat as yours . I got the 'Select A' one . It was a really tough decision ...I love the additional sapwood on mine , but I equally love the 'eyes' on yours !!

Late next week can't come soon enough .

Cheers , JD

Captain Jim 02-12-2017 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cz1 (Post 5228385)
Capt'n ...

My X20 is on the same boat as yours . I got the 'Select A' one . It was a really tough decision ...I love the additional sapwood on mine , but I equally love the 'eyes' on yours !!

Late next week can't come soon enough .

Cheers , JD

Very cool, JD, and welcome aboard (I see this is post #5 for you)! I was wondering who got that other Select Series X20. Beautiful guitar!

I am hoping our guitars are on a PLANE and not a boat! :evilgrin:

So, JD, tell us something about yourself and your guitar journey that brought you to that beautiful X20. You must be an early riser - by the time I opened the e-mail from Emerald announcing the February Select Series, you had already snatched yours up! :up:

Best wishes and patient waiting,
Jim

cz1 02-12-2017 02:27 PM

Capt'n ...

Not always an early riser , but I sure was on that day . My sleeplessness was rewarded !!

An odd factor in this ... is that I am not a guitar player !! My 18 yr. old son sure is however. He is a freshman in college and is in the school's chapel band and has a band of his own . He also does a solo acoustic show as well . His main 'go to' has always been his Taylor 814ce . He has a pre-Peavy Cargo w/ electrics , but it has always taken a back seat to the Taylor . I believe that the X20 will be his new daily driver and in doing so , some of the worry will be eliminated . He takes really good care of his stuff and is constantly concerned with humidity and temps .

He has looked at the Emerald site many times and we regularly talk about them , but he has no idea that he has one on the way . Sean asked if I would video has reaction and first impressions ... should be fun !!

Late next week cannot come soon enough !!

Cheers !! JD

Captain Jim 02-12-2017 02:43 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cz1 (Post 5228553)
Capt'n ...

Not always an early riser , but I sure was on that day . My sleeplessness was rewarded !!

An odd factor in this ... is that I am not a guitar player !! My 18 yr. old son sure is however. He is a freshman in college and is in the school's chapel band and has a band of his own . He also does a solo acoustic show as well . His main 'go to' has always been his Taylor 814ce . He has a pre-Peavy Cargo w/ electrics , but it has always taken a back seat to the Taylor . I believe that the X20 will be his new daily driver and in doing so , some of the worry will be eliminated . He takes really good care of his stuff and is constantly concerned with humidity and temps .

He has looked at the Emerald site many times and we regularly talk about them , but he has no idea that he has one on the way . Sean asked if I would video has reaction and first impressions ... should be fun !!

Cheers !! JD

Well, that is the post of the week! You are a good Dad, JD! :up: I will also be looking forward to that video! (Assuming your son does not participate here.)

Like your son, I also have an 814ce. It is a very nice guitar... that gets less playing time since I discovered the carbon fiber options. I have no doubt that X20 will be a great compliment to the 814.

Kudos to you, JD! As a guy who has been playing more than 50 years, I have to compliment your good taste in guitars and gift-giving.

:)

Jim

Ted @ LA Guitar Sales 02-12-2017 02:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cz1 (Post 5228553)
Capt'n ...

Cheers !! JD

You are indeed a great dad, JD. :up: Edit, got my answer by looking at your first post from 2008. Big thumbs up for you, JD

jdinco 02-12-2017 05:21 PM

Wow...great post JD, can't wait to see how that works out. LOL