The Acoustic Guitar Forum

Go Back   The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic

Old 06-21-2012, 12:48 PM

Default Hernia surgery...

Pretty amazing stuff. Checked in at 8:30, surgery around 10:30, back home around 2:00. Now to wait for the local to wear off and see how much it hurts. Got pills for the pain if it gets bad. In about a month I have the other side fixed and I'll be good to go. I was totally impressed with the staff at the hospital (Ohio Valley General Hospital). Very professional and caring. Well I'm off to relax a little. Didn't get much sleep last night.
Old 06-21-2012, 01:55 PM

Which type was it? I had microscopic about 15 years ago. 2 small incisions. One in the belly button. Was pretty sore for a few days.
Old 06-21-2012, 02:00 PM

Here's to a quick recovery. Will it reduce your guitar playing over the next week?
Old 06-21-2012, 03:16 PM

Fatstrat--I had an inguinal hernia fixed. About a 2 inch incision on the right side of the abdomen right above the groin area. The Doc put in mesh.

Dru--Thanks. I don't think it should impact my playing much. The only problem I forsee is sitting. For now I feel better standing or lying down. I think sitting will be touch and go for a couple days. I should use a strap more anyways. This is a good reason to start.

I am just amazed at how smooth everything went. It was refreshing to see how professional and courteous everybody at the hospital was. When I was waiting to go into the operating room I must have had 5-6 people (nurses, doctors, general staff) stop and just chat. Not about my operation, but where I went to school, hobbies (no guitar players), just life in general. Made for a very relaxing experience.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:13 PM

I had surgery for a hernia in 1980. I was in the hospital for a few days, not a very good experience. It's amazing how much medical science has progressed.
Old 06-21-2012, 06:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by k.crabbe View Post
Fatstrat--I had an inguinal hernia fixed. About a 2 inch incision on the right side of the abdomen right above the groin area. The Doc put in mesh.

Dru--Thanks. I don't think it should impact my playing much. The only problem I forsee is sitting. For now I feel better standing or lying down. I think sitting will be touch and go for a couple days. I should use a strap more anyways. This is a good reason to start.

I am just amazed at how smooth everything went. It was refreshing to see how professional and courteous everybody at the hospital was. When I was waiting to go into the operating room I must have had 5-6 people (nurses, doctors, general staff) stop and just chat. Not about my operation, but where I went to school, hobbies (no guitar players), just life in general. Made for a very relaxing experience.
Mine was in the same place as yours. I was in grade 8 when I had mine. Being that age seeing something like that was scary. The doctors and nurses were great though. The worst part was walking after being under.

The Acoustic Guitar Forum > Other Discussions > Open Mic