PDA

View Full Version : Blueridge vs Eastman vs Recording King

Pages : 1 [2]

tnvol
01-04-2012, 01:33 PM
After playing mine for a couple weeks and playing a few more in a shop, I've come to the conclusion that the only reason Eastman's aren't considered more high end is because of where they are made. I just can't find a thing wrong with mine. It's a different kind of tone, but def a sweet one. It projects very well. Sustains extremely well and is very comfortable to play. It's just one heck of a guitar and the fact that I paid less than 500 bucks for it new is a bonus.

dmcowles@comcas
01-04-2012, 02:16 PM
Are they the actual manufacturer or the importer?

Blueridge is made at the Grand Reward factory, which is also where Guild GAD series and a few other brands are made (to the specs of the company that contracts with them.) RKs are built in a manufacturing facility that is wholly-owned and managed by The Music Link. Both Saga and TML are importers, but in TML's case they are also the manufacturer.

kec
01-04-2012, 02:43 PM
Only Recording King so far... Haven't tried the other 2.

I second patticake's dealings with RK, prompt replies.

mrkpower
01-04-2012, 05:47 PM
None of the above?

no, many votes go to Eastman.

momanbilly
01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
The unofficial blueridge guitar forum has evolved into an Eastman forum now, and the dominant opinions are that Eastman are the best of the made in China. I have Eastmans top of the line acoustic flat top, an 800 series OM, AAA Engleman Spruce top and EIR sides and back, a very sweet guitar, I'd choose it over many guitars at 2.5 times the cost.

I sold my Blueridge BR 180A. I really have a high opinion on Blueridge, all their models, love the BR 70 and the BR 140 dread hog, but the Eastman E10D Adi-dread over mahagony, wow, could not set it down at the shop, a tremendous guitar, IMO and also, reviews all over the net are boasting about it. Don't know anythng about Recording King, although I read they are very nice guitars.

Eastman AC520, dread, Engleman spuce over mahagony, wow, IMO, no comparison to the $2500 + Martins hangin on the wall next to it. No comparision. I know, quite a statement....

abelville
01-04-2012, 06:56 PM
I've played all three in various models and I guess I like them all about the same. I own a Eastman AC312 and just love it. I got it new for $400 with case but it had a few finish issues. Yeah I know, here we are talking about import build quality and I have to add finish issues. Well, there are probably some that slip through all three said companies QC, but it worked out good for me.

The tone of the Eastman is exactly what I was looking for in terms of versatility - Strums like a bigger bodied box and finger picks like a dream. It rings with rich tone all up the neck.

That said, back to the OP's question - answer: I like all three companies for offering a lot of choice in models, build quality and great tones offered in solid wood guitars. Think about it, 10 years ago or more you couldn't get this choice and quality in solid woods for such a low price. I think it's great - they keep raising the bar on each other because of a healthy amount of competition.

crwheat@sbcglob
01-04-2012, 07:35 PM
I currently own Blueridge BR-243, Br-140A, BR-263 and BR-160. Used to have a BR-280, BR-73, and BR-70AS. Never had a bad experience with any of them, and think they're all great for the money. Also, have a Recording King RNJ-16 in the house. That one I'm really lukewarm about. I've tried several Eastman models in various shops, and haven't found one I liked well enough to buy.

mrkpower
01-04-2012, 09:28 PM
It's hard to beat the Eastman E series.

mrkpower
01-05-2012, 01:50 PM
Blueridge and RK make fine guitars. But Eastmans are a clear step above IMO. They are making their way from a great MIC guitar to a great guitar, period.

Looks like Im not the only one who thinks this way by the poll numbers so far.

Share experiences? Well, everything from the way the company treats their customers to that great tone, all top notch.

See the poll so far, we can see the momentum of Eastman.

E-man
01-05-2012, 02:20 PM
I have owned 2 Blueridge, currently own 3 RKs and 1 Eastman... I would trade all 3 RK's for another Eastman....:)

mrkpower
01-05-2012, 08:33 PM
After playing mine for a couple weeks and playing a few more in a shop, I've come to the conclusion that the only reason Eastman's aren't considered more high end is because of where they are made. I just can't find a thing wrong with mine. It's a different kind of tone, but def a sweet one. It projects very well. Sustains extremely well and is very comfortable to play. It's just one heck of a guitar and the fact that I paid less than 500 bucks for it new is a bonus.

Can't the place where makes Eastman make high end products?

tnvol
01-05-2012, 08:46 PM

Of course. They obviously are (to me anyways). But it is an import and most imports are not thought of as high end. To me, this guitar is high end regardless of where it was made.

gary0319
01-05-2012, 08:51 PM

My Eastman E10-OM compares equally with any "high end" guitar I've had the privilage to play. So, IMO the answer is yes, Eastman can and does make high end guitars.

sahill
01-08-2012, 10:23 PM
I owned a Blueridge BR 143A and liked it, but traded for an Eastman E10OM and was blown away! It's just a whole other league with tone that almost rings out like a Collings. Also, Blueridge guitars (except for their parlors) have way too much bling for my tastes.

I also bought an Eastman E10D and love it too. Never heard a dread sound so balanced from top to bottom.

I have never had an opportunity to play a Recording King.