PDA

View Full Version : Three people (dead or alive) you would like to have for dinner

Pages : [1] 2

220volt
04-08-2010, 04:32 PM
For me it would have to be:
- George Carlin (one of my favorite people)
- Albert Einstein (no justification needed here)
- Jesus (because I want to get to the bottom of some things)

I would serve fish with Mediterranean salad and a nice bottle of Chardonnay. With Einstein and Jesus at the table, pork is out of question I guess. ;)

fitness1
04-08-2010, 04:38 PM
Maternal Grandfather, who died in '69
Jimmy Buffett
Teddy Roosevelt

all because they were/are characters;)

blackie51
04-08-2010, 04:39 PM
Jesus
Moses
George Harrison

.......but not all at the same time.

Tom

mdunn
04-08-2010, 04:40 PM
Steve Allen because of his wit.

Thomas Jefferson & Benjamin Franklin Because I am so mad at what has happened to the government in this country. I would like to get it first hand at what they invisioned for the country we call America.

rhancox
04-08-2010, 04:46 PM
I don't eat people. :D

Tom Hanks
Eric Clapton
Maj. Richard Winters (Band of Brothers)

Eric might feel out of place, so maybe I'd have him come on another night.

ewalling
04-08-2010, 04:53 PM
1. Hugh Hefner, on condition that he bring his female 'friends' with him!
2. Joseph Campbell
3. Big Bill Broonzy

Heroditus
04-08-2010, 04:57 PM
Benjamin Franklin, for sure. Would love to pick his brain about a variety of things, including his involvement in Freemasonry and it's role in founding the country.

Bob Dylan. It would be the thrill of a lifetime to sit down and play a few songs with him after dinner.

my dad......he died last August at age 80. Was a huge influence on me in so many ways. I'd give anything for one last meal with him.

SongwriterFan
04-08-2010, 05:17 PM

Jesus
Mohammed
Buddha

It would be a debate-style format. :D

220volt
04-08-2010, 05:19 PM
Jesus
Mohammed
Buddha

It would be a debate-style format. :D

I call that "ouchh". You could put that on PPV.

riorider
04-08-2010, 05:28 PM
CS Lewis - for the fun of it
and two others who are currently alive and with whom I'd share the meal with Lewis and we'd have quite a time..

rr

rlouie
04-08-2010, 05:33 PM
my dad
and my 2 grandfathers

plumbgit
04-08-2010, 05:45 PM
I'll leave out relatives......so..... Osama Bin Ladin,Don Rickles,and Heidi Whatney

anothersmith
04-08-2010, 06:41 PM
Benjamin Franklin, for sure. Would love to pick his brain about a variety of things, including his involvement in Freemasonry and it's role in founding the country.

I think you'd have a hard time getting a Freemason to talk about Freemasonry. (On the other hand, this is Ben Franklin we're talking about, so maybe if you just got him drunk enough . . . .) ;)

dahn8
04-08-2010, 06:41 PM
For me it would have to be:
- George Carlin (one of my favorite people)
- Albert Einstein (no justification needed here)

I would serve fish with Mediterranean salad and a nice bottle of Chardonnay. With Einstein and Jesus at the table, pork is out of question I guess. ;)

Interesting menu but don't forget, if Jesus is there, all you'd need is to find some loaves of bread and some fish. Maybe he can turn some water into wine for you too :D

My three:
- Bono
- Apostle Paul
- i dunno. haha.

The Dude
04-08-2010, 06:42 PM
Socrates
Jesus Christ
Thomas Jefferson

220volt
04-08-2010, 07:21 PM
I don't eat people. :D

Tom Hanks
Eric Clapton
Maj. Richard Winters (Band of Brothers)

Eric might feel out of place, so maybe I'd have him come on another night.

Yeah, I forgot to add "over" for dinner. :(

690MBCOMMANDO
04-08-2010, 07:33 PM
Well maybe the three people who had the best gear EVER and were going to give it to me for dessert. ;)

Sage97
04-08-2010, 07:37 PM
Jesus - I'd give him a guitar too to show us all how its supposed to be played. Plugged and unplugged.

My lovely wife who passed away 9 years ago but that would a separate romantic candlelit dinner. So much to catch up on.

I don't really know who else I'd like to have dinner with but now I'm thinking the Reverend Billy Gibbons so he can trade pinch harmonics with Jesus. Then he can officially say that Jesus left Chicago because He's in Texas having dinner at Ernie's.

:D

Bingoccc
04-08-2010, 08:13 PM
I had to think about this - Presidents, Philosophers, Musicians, Writers, Ancestors, Inventors, Historical figures..... Was there really something I would want to discuss with them over dinner that I couldn't already find in writing somewhere. I don't think I would try to change history. The consequences wouldn't be predictable.

Anyway -

Abraham Lincoln - President

Sir Arthur Conan Doyle - Author (Sherlock Holmes and works)

Walt Kelly - Cartoonist (Pogo)

bluesbassdad
04-08-2010, 09:30 PM
Socrates
Jesus Christ
Thomas Jefferson

They would do nicely.

However, I might substitute James Madison for TJ. I briefly considered including Ayn Rand, Eric Hoffer, Betrand Russell and C.S. Lewis in lieu of either.

SingleSpeed
04-08-2010, 10:09 PM
Billy Martin
Sarah Palin
Vince the ShamWow/ SlapChop Guy

In the event that any miss the RSVP... add Random-Baldwin-Brother

Andromeda
04-08-2010, 10:38 PM
Jesus
John Denver
Queen Victoria

Guyute
04-08-2010, 11:16 PM
I don't speak Aramaic, so Jesus is off the table. I don't speak Hindi or Chinese, so Buddha is also out.

I'll have to go with Megan Fox, Sarah McLaughlan and Kate Beckinsale. No agenda, though ;)

HudsDad
04-09-2010, 12:22 AM
Putting aside family/friends:

Robert Heinlein - I'd love to pick his brain on politics and religion since my personal beliefs are very similar to those of many of his literary characters.

Albert Mackey - I'm a symbolism junkie.

Albert Pike - Morals and Dogma is the most fascinating piece of literature I've ever read.

The Dude
04-09-2010, 05:23 AM
They would do nicely.

However, I might substitute James Madison for TJ. I briefly considered including Ayn Rand, Eric Hoffer, Betrand Russell and C.S. Lewis in lieu of either.
If anything, it would be interesting to witness Rand trying to convert Jesus. Supposedly, she could be very persuasive.

Acoustic Rick
04-09-2010, 05:46 AM
1. Jesus
2. My dad
3. Red Skelton just for laughs

Folkstrum
04-09-2010, 06:54 AM
•Jesus of Nazareth
•Paul McCartney
•JFK (or SOMEONE who actually knows what exactly took place 11/22/63)

cotten
04-09-2010, 07:16 AM
Dead people aren't much for conversation, and might tend to make dinner less appetizing. I would select members of my family whom I seldom get to see.

Also, a quick reminder.
Open Mic - Discussions that are of interest to our community and not necessarily related to acoustic guitars or music. NO POLITICAL or RELIGIOUS discussions allowed. Remember: Be nice and keep it clean! No for-sale items please.

cotten

PorkPieGuy
04-09-2010, 07:38 AM
Dead people aren't much for conversation, and might tend to make dinner less appetizing. I would select members of my family whom I seldom get to see.

Also, a quick reminder.

cotten

Hey cotten,

I was getting ready to request that my thread be removed, but it looks like you are ahead of the game! Thanks! :)

dberch
04-09-2010, 10:53 AM
My parents and my brother.