PDA

View Full Version : Stickers/decals on your hardcase

.blau
01-26-2003, 04:28 AM
I love puting stickers on everything, even on my taylor hardcase.

anyone put stickers on your hardcase(s)? do you find it easy to come off?

Steve314
01-26-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by .blau
I love puting stickers on everything, even on my taylor hardcase.

anyone put stickers on your hardcase(s)? do you find it easy to come off?

I recently retired the case for my Alvarez-Yairi. I think the stickers were the only thing keeping that case together...

Steve

yardism
01-26-2003, 08:38 AM
I used to have a Washburn electric and the case was absolutely covered with stickers. Every sticker i came across for about 4 years went on that case. I don't think i'll put anything on my Taylor case though.

Your flag decal won't get you into heaven anymore...
(not a statement, just a lyric)

...but it won't
;)

frets&strings
01-26-2003, 11:44 AM
The whole reason I learned to play guitar was so I'd have an excuse to have a guitar case to put stickers on!!:roll:
My Fender guitar travel case has all kinds on it. However, my 2 brown taylor cases seem to be "sticker resistant". Can't get anything to stick to'em. Bummer. People always seem more interested in my sticker clad case than my guitars.

remy
01-26-2003, 01:04 PM
Got em all over my Takamine case, but none on my Taylor case.
Just cant seem to put them on there. I thought I would keep the Taylor case clean, but have to admit it does kinda look boring.

.blau
01-26-2003, 02:21 PM
true. hard to decide whether to put stickers on.......
once i put one on, can never stop...

i also found that other hardcases work fine with stickers but taylor...no no, they come off all the time.

d28mikeip
01-26-2003, 02:38 PM
It's funny I'll put stickers on my electric cases, but I haven't put any on any of my acoustic cases... weird

matt
01-26-2003, 02:58 PM
i dont really put them on my cases...i just put them on my ibanez bass...

MJH
01-26-2003, 03:14 PM
I have them on my 710's case, but none of the others. They stick on fine, except for the "Build it with Bob" sticker. Must have been an omen. I didn't win a thing.

I'd also put patches on my gigbag if I could find some I really like.

Mark

nhsmitty
01-26-2003, 03:57 PM
No stickers on my cases. Never really thought about it till reading this thread so I guess I have something new to do. My motorcycle helmet is covered with them though.

My favorite sticker states... "Looking for the perfect woman.. A nymphomaniac that owns a liquor store."

cotten
01-26-2003, 04:58 PM
For me, Taylor Guitars are just too fine, too classy to junk up with a bunch of cheap stickers, however interesting. Yes, I've had them on other guitars, but somehow it just feels disrespectful to do that to a Taylor.

cotten

Ever notice, the more expensive the car, the less likely to have bumper stickers, and visa versa?

shawnsda
01-26-2003, 05:12 PM
I wouldn't mind a nice Taylor logo sticker like the ones given out at the NAMM show! Hint Hint!! If anyone went to the NAMM show and has any extra I would love one! Please contact me! Shawn

bunnygirl
01-26-2003, 09:02 PM
alas, i want to sticker-ize my taylor case, but stickers, if they stick on, eventually peel off, pull up on the sides and come right off... it's like a rite of passage.. but oh well. i'd rather have a great taylor.. :)

.blau
01-26-2003, 09:33 PM
any pictures to share??

Dubloseven
01-26-2003, 11:21 PM
Originally posted by d28mikeip
It's funny I'll put stickers on my electric cases, but I haven't put any on any of my acoustic cases... weird

thats exactly how i am. my strats case is covered with stickers, but i like keeping my taylor case totally clean and pretty looking.

cpmusic
01-26-2003, 11:22 PM
One local shop owner always gives me a little grief (with a smile) because I don't have stickers on my guitar cases. I've thought about it on occasion, partly for fun and partly for identification, but I haven't come across much that I want to put on the case. I'm not sure the nubby Taylor case covering would take a sticker anyway.

One that tempted me many years ago was from the same dealer who gives me grief. It showed a thrasher in flying through the air with an electric guitar, and in large letters it said "Turn that crap down!"